Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Assssholes Unite

Wisdom teeth have officially knocked me on my butt for the last week. I thought that day by day they would get better, but turns out that they progressively got worse. I've been taking more Tylenol than a person needs to, but I cannot function otherwise. It's crazy how one area of pain can literally reach through your entire body. Anyways, here's hoping that I'm through the majority of pain and that it will get better from here on out after re-visiting the dentist yesterday. Seriously, I'd get 100 more tattoos before having him fuck with my dry socket again. Just thinking of the pain makes my back arch in pain. Other than this, I've been thinking soo much about how we treat people in our lives. Lately I've received good treatment from some people, "OK" treatment from some people, and downright shitty treatment from some people. It's funny how your opinion of people can change as they begin to treat you differently. It's also funny how people can shift how they treat you without you really doing anything to cause the shift. Does that make sense? I let people play with my emotions more than I need to, and to be honest I'm really really really sick of it. All I want to do is focus on myself (sounds bad, right?) and do what I need to do. Go where I need to go. Not give a fuck about who says what, who wants me to do this or that. So, it's time to do that...I just need a few things ironed out...like where exactly I'm going and what exactly I'll do HA but...other than that...it's time. But a few questions will always remain...like why do people treat others like crap at all? Even someone you have the teeniest amount of respect, admiration, like, trust, whatever, with or for.. why treat them poorly at all? Why treat ANYONE poorly? What does it do for you? But on the other hand, I get it. I've chatted with a friend recently about the benefits of guys being assholes. They're assholes because they can be. Because they get away with it. Because somehow, they continue to "win" despite treating people like crap. Until they stop "winning" from acting the way they do, they'll never stop. They'll never show real respect, and they'll never truly be themselves in a relationship. And as I re-read this, I realize how contradictory I am. I can bitch about treating people like crap...but as if I haven't done the exact same thing. Fuck. Eye opening little blog post, here. Depressssing.

No comments:

Post a Comment