Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Open Up !

After another adventurous weekend with my best frieennn, I have a few different things on my mind to write about but I'll stick with one thought and see where it goes. 
My topic is speaking what's on your mind. One of the hardest things to do but really one of the most important if you want to get somewhere or something for that matter. 
If you don't speak up for yourself, who will? It you don't express how you truly feel, who will? What opportunities will be missed out on just because of a small fear. Maybe it's fear of looking "stupid" or "like a baby", or maybe it's a fear of hurting someone else. Either way, how long can we live in fear? How fair is it to you or the other person to withhold true feelings. The feelings are yours to own, so own them proudly. Don't miss out because of the hold that unjustified fear seems to have. 
The beauty is that awesome opportunities exist when someone does express their true feelings. Relationships and bonds are created, and it makes you memorable. Memorable for being vulnerable. Memorable for being open, honest, and straight forward. Qualities that are truly appreciated. It lets another person know where you stand, for better or for worse. Even if you hurt someone in the process of expressing your feelings, in the long run it is worth it. Truth is always worth it. 
For real, opening up and expressing yourself comes rare these days - as does open arms to accepting feelings, maybe. Maybe I'm just more appreciative of it because I've consistently dealt with people who are emotionally frozen and impossible to crack. I've spent countless hours hounding people to open up and be vulnerable, so coming across it by chance is a miracle in my books. So, to sum all my ramblings being vulnerable is an endearing quality that should not be underestimated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment