Tuesday, April 1, 2014

MEAT

Time to talk about my newest obsession. An obsession that has me feeling crippled today. Roller skating!!! And beyond that: roller derby. To me, roller derby is one of the MOST badass things to do. It's rough, it's gritty and it's where sweet girls' alter ego can come out to play. But up until now, I've always been waaay too anxious to actually pursue this badassery. 
BUT Since putting skates on on Sunday, my mind has been on one thing. Even my dreams... Last night I dreamt I was an awesome roller skater, doing crossovers and skating backwards no big deal. Clearly my dream was shattered the second I moved because every muscle in my body seems to be sore. I was fine Monday, but I opted not to get on the treadclimber which was a mistake because my muscles feel like they seized up. So as I write I'm walking on the treadclimber because tomorrow is the next roller skating session. I am sooOoOo excited to get my own skates and gear in the mail (being shipped tomorrow!) and get back on the concrete. I've begun learning the roles in roller derby as well as some of the rules. It's overwhelming but it's fun to learn a new sport. I just hope that my determination comes through and I have some skill to go along with this otherwise I'll sure be disappointed in myself ! So now I didn't just do the treadclimber tonight, I'm pushing myself more than that. I need my cardio up to keep up with the big dogs. I need to start learning coordination so I don't look like a fool. I ran around the farm, practised grapevines, stretched out my legs and worked on trusting myself running backwards. I ran with Lucky and Cocoa (well, they walk-jogged along side me). Now it's time to hit the books..I wanna watch videos and read bios to get myself even more focused. 
SO excited about my new obsession.... Oh what can come if you just put fear aside and try something new! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment