Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Go Time

Today I'm pushing myself out of my comfort zone. It's funny though because I'm doing something that I've always envisioned myself doing. I've practised, I've organized everything and now it's go time. Time to help a group of people through depression. I'm so excited but is be lying if I said I'm not sooo anxious about it. As if I know what I'm doing up there!!! But there's my little devil brain talking, because I DO know the stuff and I CAN be a good support; no forgetting that. I'm happy a lot of the people attending are already my own clients, so they understand that I'm not perfect, that I stumble with words sometimes and that I use the weirdest imagery to describe what I'm saying. That will help me feel a bit more comfortable.

It's time to ask myself though…what am I really anxious about? Looking like a fool? Getting questions I don't know how to answer? Balancing the dynamics of the group? I can truthfully say that parts of each of those have crossed my mind but the bottom line STILL always comes down to self esteem! I'm not confident that I can do this. I'm freaked out about what the group members will think of me. I'm terrified of not being good enough. But good enough for who?? I've helped clients in the past, so why can't i do it again? I need to remind myself again that I can and I will do it over and over, no matter how self defeating my devil brain can be.

Here's to starting new adventures and having as much confidence as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment