Friday, March 21, 2014

Thinking and Feeling

I spend most of my days explaining the connection between thoughts and feelings. If you think a certain way you'll feel a certain way. That's a fact. But now I'm confused because I have feelings that I cannot explain. Today I spent a refreshing hour with someone who reassured me that sometimes you feel a certain way and you can't justify it. There's no real reason for the feeling but it's there. And sometimes that's okay. Just because you can't justify it doesn't mean the feelings aren't true to you. Even though it basically contradicts everything I do day to day, today I have to go with it. And the lesson of the day is to look for help because you never know when you'll find it in the strangest of places. Thank you to a stranger who opened her heart to me and helped open mine in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment